Thursday, April 4, 2013

Best. Song. EVAH.

Been playing or singing this nearly nonstop for 4 days now.
We're attending a Cleansing Stream Retreat this Saturday. This is the time the enemy of our souls likes to mess with us, tries to separate us from our God, tries to cast doubt upon His greatness. 
This song helps me remember that I'm on the winning team. I read the book, I know who wins. I will not be shaken. I will not renounce the name of my Lord and my Saviour, my best friend, the lover of my soul, Jesus Christ.
He overcame death for me, and for you. You don't have to earn it--it's done. You don't have to deserve it--none of us do. You don't have to "clean yourself up" before you let Jesus lead you--that's His job. 
The only thing He asks is that you follow Him, the One who wears the Victor's Crown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2nBOGA6X2g
"...they will receive the Crown of Life that God has promised to those who love Him."
James 1:12 (NLT)

(The Crown of Life refers to a Believer's reward at the judgement seat of Christ, mentioned as various images in the Bible, including those of precious metals, garments and crowns. (See Rev. 2:10, 2 Cor. 5:10, Rev. 22:12, 1 Cor. 3:8-14, Rev. 3:5, 18, 19:7-8, and for crowns, see 1 Cor. 9:25, Rev. 2:10 and 3:11.) None of us, no matter what we do or how "good" we believe we are, can get to Heaven on our own merit. Jesus grants us His Victor's Crown when we believe on Him and follow His ways. Go to www.biblegateway.com to look up specific verses if you do not own a Bible. Then call me--I will buy you one ;)

No comments: